1T. Coconut Oil (or other fat)
1 Cup Leftover Veggies (I used roasted carrots and celery root, that I had tossed with olive oil and Za'atar. I also added a few pinches of shredded, raw zucchini that I had in the fridge.)
1/2 Cup Leftover Meat (I used shredded pork; a pork shoulder that I slow-cooked with salsa verde)
Cilantro or Other Fresh Herb, for garnish (optional)
This is what used for mine, but you can also use ramekins:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Use your fingers to smear the coconut oil into three oversized muffin tin cups.
- Distribute the meat and veggies amongst the three cups and form a little indentation for the egg.
- Crack eggs and put one egg into each tin, as pictured. Fill remaining, empty, cups with water (about 1/4 full).
- Transfer muffin tin to the preheated oven and bake 15-20 minutes, until cooked to your desired doneness.
- Use a spoon to scoop out your egg creations, transfer to your plate, and garnish with fresh herbs.
This recipe came about because I have little bits (not quite enough to make a full meal) of random leftovers in my fridge that needed to be eaten. I love this "recipe" because all of the prep is done and it doesn't involve any whisking, cutting, or work, other than the filling of muffin tin cups. Easy!
Let me know if you try this and what combinations you try!